On opening the glass stopper of the stunning Hyotan or lucky Gourd-shaped bottle the aroma of white peaches, white flowers and nashi pear is alluring.
This sake is beautifully balanced and feels smooth and light on the palate, with a luxurious silky texture which gently spreads throughout the mouth. The flavours of stone fruit, fresh peach and blossom shape this sake. Kachiiro or ‘winning colour’ when translated from Japanese refers to the deep indigo blue of the bottle’s glass which traditionally signifies good luck and victory in the Japanese culture.
This is sake drawn from the treasured middle-pressing fraction after sake fermentation, it is called Nakadori. It is known for having a very balanced flavour and is often said to be the truest representation of the brewed sake tank. This Daiginjo sake has been made with the very best quality of Yamada Nishiki rice grown in the famous Tojo region, Special A District in Hyogo Prefecture. It is great as an aperitif sake to be appreciated in a wine glass on its own, but it also beautifully complements sushi and sashimi and fresh seafood cuisine.
- Brewery: HIRAKOU SHUZO
- Classification Daiginjo
- % ALC/VOL: 17 %
- Net Volume: 720 ml Blue Glass Gourd shaped bottle with glass stopper
- Rice: Yamada Nishiki from Tojo, Special A district in Hyogo Prefecture.
- Rice Polishing Ratio: 40%
- SMV: -3
- Serve: Cold, Poured in a wine glass to highlight the aromatics.
- Matching Food: Sushi, Sashimi, Scampi, Prawns, Lobster, Scallops, Pearl Meat