This sake is the unpasteurised version of Katsuyama Ken Junmai Ginjo. The brewery releases a limited run of unpasteurised bottles, and we are fortunate in Australia to be able to have a small allocation as our first shipment in 2023. Cold chain logistics and storage at low temperature allow us to enjoy this seasonal speciality in peak condition, with the permission of the brewery.
This sake is a vibrant and impactful version of the delicious Katsuyama Ken which is a flagship sake for this brewery. The palate is crunchy, red-skinned apple and nashi pear and the aromas of the sake show a more prominent fresh mushroom and chestnut vibe which we identify as aromas stemming from the koji, which is part of the fermentation process. Katsuyama Ken Hon (true) Nama is full-bodied with prominent fresh fruit mingled with deeper textures and flavours of rice and koji.
Please keep refrigerated at all times during storage and after opening.
- Brewery: KATSUYAMA SUPREME SAKÉ CO LTD
- Region: Miyagi
- Classification: Junmai Ginjo Unpasteurised
- %ALC/VOL: 16.5%
- Net Volume: 720ml
- Rice: Yamada Nishiki rice
- Rice Polishing Ratio: 55%
- SMV (Sake Meter Value): Undisclosed
- Serve: Chilled
- Matching Food: Seafood Paella, Pizza with tomato and cheese, Vegetable Quiche, Grilled Spiced Chicken, Garlic Prawns.
Heigo Australia is Australia's official importer and distributor of Katsuyama Sake.