This is the pinnacle of brewing for the brand Hitakami. A limited edition sake made with the very highest grade and quality of Yamada Nishiki rice from Matsuzawa, Tojo, Special A district in Hyogo prefecture, polished to 35% of its original grain size. When the stunning glass bottle is opened the air fills with a tropical Ginjo incense. There is a freshness and gentle sweetness that fills the glass as its poured. The sake has a very smooth texture which hugs every surface of the mouth in 3D and there is a deep fruity, richness which comes from the use of Special A district Yamada Nishiki Rice.
The name “Yasuke” has its roots in a famous Kabuki play and references a sushi restaurant, and it was chosen as this sake’s name because Hirakou brewery was pursuing an outstanding flavour that goes well with fish dishes particularly sushi.
A gourd shaped bottle was chosen for the sake as it gives an outstanding sense of luxury and distinction just by looking at it and it also is a symbol of good luck, good health, and prosperity in Japanese culture.
- Brewery: HIRAKOU SHUZO
- Classification: Junmai Daiginjo
- % ALC/VOL: 16%
- Net Volume: 720ml Clear Glass Gourd shaped bottle with glass stopper.
- Rice: Yamada Nishiki from Tojo, Special A District in Hyogo Prefecture.
- Rice Polishing Ratio: 35%
- SMV: -2
- Serve: Cold, Poured in a wine glass to highlight the aromatics.
- Matching Food: Sushi, Sashimi, Scampi, Prawns, Lobster, Scallops, Pearl Meat